Monday, March 4, 2013

Some range measurements.

I went for a ride today to measure the range of my mini-bike. I rode 2.5 miles from my house to Mitchell park. There I did some riding in the grass, weaving through some sidewalks, and just toured the parking lot. Afterwards, I started riding home. When I got to a particular stop sign, I checked my distance, which was 4.2 miles. Accelerating off the line was poor, and a little bit down the road, the bike was going a little slower than bicycling speed. This was when I hopped off, took the screenshot below, and then had to wheel the mini-bike home. So I would safely say the range is 4 miles on a charge, before you should worry about dying on the side of the road. It's not as long of a range as the gas engine, but I wouldn't consider the two comparable. I didn't burn any fossil fuels riding today, which I consider an accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment